The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Import Java class structure Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to create a UML Class diagram from existing Java classes. First I thought I can use the XCode import but this is limited to Objective-C-Projects. The next alternative is the GraphViz import. There's a nice Javadoc doclet which exports GraphViz .dot files but they contain HTML as Node content which is not interpreted by Omnigraffle.

So I'd like to suggest to allow HTML as node content (or at least strip HTML Tags from the nodes during import).

In addition if anyone has an idea how I can easily create a class diagram from Java sources, please post it here. My current workaround was to enter the class names in an OmniOutliner document, import it into OmniGraffle, change the node and line style and add any additional information.

I would also be interested in this functionality using OmniGraffle.

Really all I need is something that parses a set of files, makes objects based on a keyword, a keyword start, & a keyword end (example: function, {, }) and then makes links between them, searching the blocks for words used in more than 1 block, else just leaving it in the block.

Though I need it for .js and .csharp, seems that generic functionality as above could be used across many languages I think.

Is this possible with OmniGraffle?