The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Powerpoint Like Stencils Needed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love OmniGraffle but I have to use PowerPoint as all our clients use it.

I need to create diagrams and images that they expect. The biggest missing feature in Omnigraffle is the basic PowerPoint shapes, connectors, block arrows, flowchart symbols, stars and banners and callouts.

If Omni developed all those it would transform the usefulness of Omnigraffle. It would solve the problem another forum member has with brackets, etc.

Develop as a basic part of Omnigraffle package and you would increase your sales dramatically.

I live in hope.

Regards, Jackl73

PS Copying MS is not always a bad thing to do.:)

Me too. This would be a really, really useful feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackl73
Yes it is!

What's wrong with making diagrams and charts that look sharp? PP is pretty unrefined in everything it does. Is exporting as a high-quality tiff not an option?

Alternately, you can always export your Ograffle stuff to Keynote, and then export to PP.

Or are you asking for OG elements that are exportable and compatible with PP elements? This sounds like too large a task, especially since it requires that Omnigroup make elements that look uglier than the existing ones.

P

is a good idea, to export to keynote. But, what is the format ? cause, I try to open with keynote a couple graffle projets, :confused: ainīt open

some steps, 4 us ... :D
thank u
iMAT

Copy and paste.

If you first install the Linkback Keynote plug-in, you will be able to double click the pasted graphics in Keynote and edit them in OmniGraffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Copy and paste.

If you first install the Linkback Keynote plug-in, you will be able to double click the pasted graphics in Keynote and edit them in OmniGraffle.
'cept LinkBack doesn't work in the latest version of Keynote :confused:

Mark

Oops, the plug-in is a third party development and they have a note on the website that they are working on compatibility with Keynote 3 (or '06 or whatever it is). However, no idea how long that note has been there as it isn't time stamped, and the official linkback page hasn't been updated in a long time either.

Anyway, getting OmniGraffle content into Keynote is still the same - copy and paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackl73
I love OmniGraffle but I have to use PowerPoint as all our clients use it.

I need to create diagrams and images that they expect. The biggest missing feature in Omnigraffle is the basic PowerPoint shapes, connectors, block arrows, flowchart symbols, stars and banners and callouts.

If Omni developed all those it would transform the usefulness of Omnigraffle. It would solve the problem another forum member has with brackets, etc.

Develop as a basic part of Omnigraffle package and you would increase your sales dramatically.

I live in hope.

Regards, Jackl73

Hmmm..
..I'm not sure I understand what you're after.

I have flowchart symbols and connectors in OmniGraffle, and "PowerPoint shapes" isn't very descriptive.

I'd think you could copy'n'paste such things from PowerPoint if you really had to..
..But why aren't you using Keynote ??

Just a note - the Keynote plug-in works great with Keynote 3 now. There is an updated version.

Thanks for the heads-up. Not that I have Keynote 3 to use it with, but it is good to know that the plug-in is still being developed.