The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GTD - On The Go Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How are folks handling the entry and access of their GTD data when not in front of their main workstation.

My work, by its nature means I am often on the go in a large building, and usually not in range of either a WIFI or EDGE based network so a local mirror of the GTD info is vital.

Am eager to hear how others have resolved this common issue?

Regards

As a post script, I was unable to wait and have created an applescript that will generate an encoded data URI of your tasks in OmniFocus, which you can sync to your iPhone Safari.

This thread details the process and has the download script
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5003

Last edited by tdc; 2007-09-30 at 06:03 PM..

I sync my Palm to iCal (after having synced OF to iCal). I then have the tasks available when I am away from my Mac.

Thnx pvonk.

Grr, apple, bring To-Do's into your jesus phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Thnx pvonk.

Grr, apple, bring To-Do's into your jesus phone.
:-D Made me laugh... and is still cracking me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
:-D Made me laugh... and is still cracking me up.
It is such a weird decision on their behalf isnt it.

Yes it is...

my thoughts are it will happen in Leopard.
http://roughlydrafted.com/RD/TechQ30...X_Leopard.html

As for the iPhone locking...
I think that was driven by AT&T.
Cell phone companies are as bad a credit card companies.
AT&T got all crazy and demanded Apple lock the phone up.

My hope is Leopard will allow third party installation through iTunes.
Maybe even purchasing through iTunes after the application has gone through a review process.

Or installation of 3rd party apps will be installed though iTunes but not necessarily via the store.

That doesn't explain the crippling of the iPod Touch. It's basically the same as the iPhone, but lacks mail, and the ability to add calendar entries amongst other arbitrary changes. There's no good reason for that beyond Apple's own inscrutable motives.

After reading countless descriptions of the iTouch (and many rants), it occurred to me that this device is an entertainment device, not a PDA. Apple blew it, since they don't have a pda, and the iTouch would be perfect as one.

As for the iPhone (like the iTouch), you can't have to-dos with the calendar. Shame!

pvonk you are right - however, I am getting more done with my iPhone that any stinky WM or Symbian device I have had.