The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects with actions with a future date showing up as stalled Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thank you Omni for the Stalled projects filter!

I already found projects that were just sitting there, waiting for me to do something with them. I completed some and added actions to others.

I have some projects that have actions with a future date and are not available yet.

In my opinion, these projects are not stalled and should not show up in the stalled projects filter. They are waiting for an action that exists to become available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Thank you Omni for the Stalled projects filter!

I already found projects that were just sitting there, waiting for me to do something with them. I completed some and added actions to others.

I have some projects that have actions with a future date and are not available yet.

In my opinion, these projects are not stalled and should not show up in the stalled projects filter. They are waiting for an action that exists to become available.
I agree. I just added a future start date to these projects to push them forward. That works for me because I'm not trying to use OF for historical records. But others might want the start date to indicate the true starting date.

Curt

I'll put my vote in on this also , it's a nice trade off from the " verify next actions exist " script ..especially not having to remove all those " missing texts that got added . but I think the script could tell when something existed with a future start date , hopefullly this filter can also .

There's another difference between my script and the new filter that I just discovered. The filter only shows stalled projects, whereas my script identifies action groups without next actions as well.

Perhaps I should be thinking about converting my larger projects to folders and making some of the action groups into proper projects. But I'm happy with the structure of my project "library" otherwise.

Looks like I'll still be using my script. I'll tweak the script to make the Missing NA be a suffix rather than a prefix. The items will still show up in a search, but it will be easier to clear the suffix (esc, opt-shift-left, opt-shift-left, delete).

Curt

Interesting, Curt. This highlights one of my gripes with task groups. The parent task ends up SORT OF being a task, but not entirely.

Since these parent tasks are contextless, and therefore will never show up in your acting/context view, I definitely think they shouldn't count as an action vis a vis stalled projects.