The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fresh start/Starting over (Resetting OmniFocus to default data) [See thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to start all over again with omnifocus with a clean database. Right now i am syncing over Mobileme, so i need that resetted aswell. So, how do i proceed with this, and get rid of all the backups etc for the old database?

Delete the file Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus on one machine, with OmniFocus not running. Start OmniFocus. Force it to do a sync to MobileMe, and when it complains that the versions do not match, tell it to keep the local copy. For any other computers or iPhones, do a sync, and tell it to keep the server/remote copy.

Hmm, i do not have that file at all. In Library/Application Support i have only the folder Omni Group and all that is stored there is the software licenses.....

Last edited by Phibermaster; 2008-12-21 at 04:47 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibermaster View Post
Hmm, i do not have that file at all. In Library/Application Support i have only the folder Omni Group and all that is stored there is the software licenses.....
~/Library/Application Support.

That is to say, the one that's in your home folder, not at the root of the hard drive.

If you're using OF 1.5, that's where it is. Guaranteed.

I just reset my database for a fresh start. This worked fine. But now I do not see how to push these changes to my other computer over MobileMe, which I use for syncing. I also sync the OmniFocus data to my iPhone via MobileMe.

Once you've reset your database on the Mac, use File->Replace Server Database... to upload the new database to the server. The next time you sync the other clients, you'll get a query as to whether to keep the device database or the sync database, and you should take the sync database. The query happens because OmniFocus recognizes that the sync database and the device database are no longer related and wants to make sure you intend to make such a change.

I started OmniFocus a while ago and then stopped using it. I want to start fresh and not have to deal with the old data but I am not sure how get a clean slate.

Merged threads, removed post from Bill linking to previously un-merged thread, then re-titled thread to make it easier for folks to search for.

Found the answer. Library gets hidden in Mountain Lion.
To unhide open terminal and enter this:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles 1
Force Quit Finder and there it'll be.
After deleting OmniFocus.ofocus then set the hidden folders back to hidden:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles 0