The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I use OmniFocus from multiple user accounts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have multiple accounts on my computer (e.g., one for work and one for personal, etc.).

I would like to use a single repository of OmniFocus information to store and manage both work and personal activities.

How I can set up fast user switching (personal <-> work) so that I keep OmniFocus running in both accounts and work with the same repository of information?

-- Randy

You should be able to use the sync facility to sync to disk in a shared location (such as a directory in /Users/Shared) that all the users can read and write. You'll want to click the sync button before and after switching to make sure you've got everything. If this isn't enough detail, I can flesh it out a bit more.

I use fast user switching so that I can have different OmniFocus databases, not the same one :-)