The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting Over with OmniFocus: Mac + iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus on my Mac and on my iPhone

I've been away from OmniFocus for awhile and want to start over with a clean slate. However, I need some of the stuff from my OmniFocus 1 to create my OmniFocus 2. How do I simply start a brand new Omnifocus 2 and keep Omnifocus 1 around until I can fully archive it or delete it?

DG

So, for a new start in OmniFocus, you could delete the contents of the Application Support folder associated with OmniFocus. If you'd like, go ahead and email us ninjas to help!

Hi Derekr,
Let me know how to do this. Again, I want to be able to keep my first OmniFocus around to reference as build the new one. I guess you mean that the delete occurs after the 2nd one is good to go?

DG

Sorry for the confusion there, Dr. Glick - instead of deleting the contents of the App Support folder, I'd open it up, rename the "OmniFocus.ofocus" file to "Old-OmniFocus.ofocus", and then move it to to the desktop.

Launch OmniFocus once you've done that and a new empty database will be created for you. Double-click the old file on your desktop and the two will run side-by-side.

Does that help?

Last edited by Brian; 2010-04-05 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: make greeting more formal. :-)