The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iDisk versus WebDAV? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, so I've done the 2.0 upgrade and I have OmniFocus for iPhone installed. My question is, I have a .Mac/MobileMe account, is it better to use iDisk or WebDAV for syncing? I'm using iDisk right now, and it synced fine. But I'm interested in the OTA syncing and I wasn't sure if that only worked via WebDAV or no.

Thanks.....

There's actually no difference between iDisk and WebDAV syncing. We're actually using the WebDAV functionality of the iDisk to do the syncing there :)

Ok, so if I'm already set up with iDisk I don't have to switch to WebDAV.

Well, it might be of use if you spend some time in a place where you've got a network that doesn't have access to Mac.com and you can set up your own WebDAV server. Don't forget to bring fuel for the generator :-)