The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question about compatibility between visio and omnigraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone,

In order for me to open MS Visio diagrams do they need to be in a .xml format or can OmniGraffle open a .vsd?

I ask because I have a ton of the .vsd and getting them in a .xml format would be difficult, if not impossible, for some of the flows that I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Mike, OG will open .vsd files fine. I have a lot of vsd's and they all open and render well. Exporting graffles back to vsd's however, is a lot more hit and miss. They export as .vdx (Visio XML) but I find depending on what you do in Graffle, they sometimes render terribly. In my experience, don't use any shading for a start.

Of course, the visio export is only applicable to the Pro version of OG.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Cheers