The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Odd behavior - line tool rearrances shapes? [A: template with auto-layout enabled was chosen] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings,

I updated to 5.4 today, and was surprised (and confused) about a new behavior I'm seeing. When I create 2 shapes (e.g. to square boxes) and connect them with the directional line tool, the layout of the two boxes is suddenly overwritten. The boxes will all automatically be thrown into a horizontal line. My original placements are ignored.

The only way I can seem to override this is to lock all of the shapes down before attaching lines between them, which is beyond annoying if I need to reposition things later (which I always do).

What's going on?

I've discovered that if I disable "Automatic Layout", which is ON by DEFAULT, this horrible behavior goes away.

Peace.

It's on by default in some of the document templates, not all. You may have inadvertently set that property in your default document template. See the help for document templates.