The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript help needed for ow5 & oo3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello,
I often save some text from websites, like articles or tutorials in a very organized OmniOutliner document, by creating a new row for title, then a new row for the text, for a code etc.

Code:
tell application "OmniWeb"
	activate
	tell application "System Events" to keystroke "c" using command down
end tell
tell application "OmniOutliner"
	activate
	tell application "System Events"
		keystroke return
		keystroke "v" using command down
	end tell
end tell
tell application "OmniWeb" to activate
It works pretty well for me, I can this way for example highlight the text and paste it in a new row in oo3. Then, I go back in oo3 to organize all my news titles rows and texts rows to have my well organized oo3 file, like for example, an all applescripts tutorials oo3 file I found on the web. ;-)

I know it is a very basic script, but maybe some of you can help me to make it more "expert like" or to make it more powerfull.

thank you.

Last edited by sangheeta; 2008-12-21 at 11:20 AM..