The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Manipulate Mail from OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I have scripts and rules set up to move various emails to OF, but I would like to be able to deal with these messages from within OF rather than switching back and forth to mail. Is there a way to delete and/or move a message from OF using applescript based on the link saved in the OF action note? Thanks for your help,

-Matt

Yeah, it can be done, though it isn't as fast as you might like in a big mailbox. I lashed together a quick proof of feasibility from code bits at the following links:

Unclecal's post

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mact...ail/index.html

I just copied the link out of a sample that I had clipped into OmniFocus, stripped off the "message:<" header and ">" trailer and pasted that into my test script which then found the message in Mail and deleted it. The rest is left as an exercise for the reader :-)