The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export HTML for viewing via a URL Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way that an Omni Graffle document can be exported as HTML so it, and it's supporting files, can be uploaded to a server? I want to make my documents viewable (and clickable) in a web browser by pointing my clients to a file that I've uploaded to my URL's server (http://www.MyURL/OmniGraffle_File.html).
This is particularly important because I work remotely as well as that my documents have a high level of 'open URL' actions.
Your help will be appreciated.

Omnigraffle does export documents to html. The resulting set of files implements OG actions for jumps to canvases within the document and for opening external URLs.

Export your document (File->Export) and choose "HTML image map" in the Format pulldown in the resulting file chooser. For what you're doing, make sure Export Area is Entire Document.

The result is a folder containing an html file and an image file for each canvas. Each html file contains an image map in which the links point to other canvas pages or to external URLs.

The links to other canvas pages are relative; make sure that all the files stay in the same folder when you upload them.

You can also link to other documents that can be opened in a browser, but it's a little trickier. Since OG creates relative links to them, they also need to be in the folder it creates in the export. You'll have to put them there yourself after exporting. Of course, you can also edit the html after the export to have the links point wherever you like.

Last edited by john.gersh; 2012-10-10 at 11:37 AM..

Thanks.
But....
When trying to export as an HTML image map the option of 'exporting entire document' is grayed out, so I can't select it.

BTW: I'm using Graffle version: 5.3.6

How many canvases do you have in your document? The "Entire Document" export area is enabled only if you have more than one, so that may be the issue.

I thoughtlessly assumed that had more than one canvas and didn't check the case of a document with only one. In that case exporting the current canvas does the trick.