The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Links to Mail Messages - Any Way to Create JUST a Link? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using the Clip-O-Tron adds the entire message with a link back to the original to the note of a new item. Is there any way using only the keyboard to create a new inbox item whose note contains just a link to the email?

Yes, I know you can drag the email from the message list in mail to the note of the OF item, but I want to do this using only the keyboard. Thanks!

I did this, but I had to write an applescript to do it. Basically if you have an email message highlighted in Mail, then if you go to OF and have one action highlighted, this will write the link to that message in the note of the action.

Funny thing though, the link in the note of OF doesn't turn into a note until you type one more character from the KB. Then, suddenly, OF turns it into a link.

J.

Also, what is the format you use to change a link that looks like this:

message:%3CF993F00006721249AC1306B5059BC5BD01F80E5 8@somedomainname.com%3E

to one that is underlined but has the subject as the link text in the note field - like you guys do.

J.