The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7 sneaky peeks have begun! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
There is a lot to like about 1.7 thus far, but recreating all my old perspectives and my toolbar settings is not what I expected to be doing first thing this morning!

Before I muck with this setting, what is the command to revert back to the default?
as Ken mentioned you can do:

Code:
defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDateFormatStyle
you can also set the style to "long", or, "short" (which is the default).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutin View Post
I like the new dot badges.
Here is how I am using them:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus DueSoonBadge dot
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus InboxBadge dot
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus AvailableBadge count
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OverdueBadge count

Will have to see over time how convenient it is to have the number of available tasks in front of every project.
The gain for me was turning on the available badges and being able to see which of my projects had no actions and needed to be dealt with. Glad you like the feature.

I just reproduced the perspective deleting issue in last night's build, and found the code which causes the problem.

Meanwhile, good news! It looks like the changes I made this morning to stop trying to keep the 1.6 perspectives directory up-to-date prevent the bug from wiping out your 1.6 perspectives. Now, they simply fail to import to 1.7 (but you can get 1.7 to try again by removing the .loaded file, at which point they should start working again).

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I just reproduced the perspective deleting issue in last night's build, and found the code which causes the problem.

Meanwhile, good news! It looks like the changes I made this morning to stop trying to keep the 1.6 perspectives directory up-to-date prevent the bug from wiping out your 1.6 perspectives. Now, they simply fail to import to 1.7 (but you can get 1.7 to try again by removing the .loaded file, at which point they should start working again).

Info on how to get them back would be welcome ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Info on how to get them back would be welcome ;-)
Unfortunately, the only way to get them back is to recreate them or restore them from a backup.

Like the look & feel. Is there a way to change the due dates of multiple items in a batch kind of way?

Update: WooHOO!!! Found a way highlight multiple tasks and then change the date through the inspector ... Great for those of us who hate to have overdue items and also good in planning to limit down the daily items to what is accomplish-able ....Thanks for this very nice addition!

Last edited by slkesq; 2009-08-14 at 12:36 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post

Just to be clear - for someone who hasn't gotten around to downloading the 1.7 sneaky peek yet, will it work correctly now if I download the latest version and try it for the first time? Perspective syncing is a feature I've been waiting for.

And yes, I realize sneeky peek's could potentially eat my data - I've used them in the past.

Thanks,
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkesq View Post
Like the look & feel. Is there a way to change the due dates of multiple items in a batch kind of way?

Update: WooHOO!!! Found a way highlight multiple tasks and then change the date through the inspector ... Great for those of us who hate to have overdue items and also good in planning to limit down the daily items to what is accomplish-able ....Thanks for this very nice addition!
I think this has been there for quite some time (i.e., not new to version 1.7).

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave256 View Post
Just to be clear - for someone who hasn't gotten around to downloading the 1.7 sneaky peek yet, will it work correctly now if I download the latest version and try it for the first time? Perspective syncing is a feature I've been waiting for.
It will no longer delete your old perspectives on any of your Macs.

It should import old perspectives from every Mac, but at the moment I think it might only import them from the first one you upgrade.

OmniFocus 1.7 is completely compatible with the current iPhone release (v1.5.2), but not with the current release of 1.6 (which is from a much older code base). We intended for it to be, and it was until very recently when we finally implemented the ability to sync perspectives' custom icons—at which point 1.6 could no longer understand what those image attachments were doing in the database, and started crashing when it encountered them. We could theoretically go back and try to add some perspective image syncing logic to 1.6, but we think it makes more sense to focus our attention on finishing 1.7 as long as we can do that quickly enough. (If you do need to go back to 1.6, you might be able to manage that by switching your perspectives to use built-in icons rather than your own custom icons.)

*love* the new look and feel -- definitely an improvement. My only question is about the Available counts -- they seem to be really remaining counts, in the sense that actions in a sequential project are all counted.

Ex. if I have a project to read a book, split into 20 actions, then 20 actions are listed as Available by the new function, while if I use the view bar to limit status to only Available while in context, only the first action would be shown as available.

Thanks for allowing us to have the window into your dev process.