The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task names disappearing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
New user, very excited about Omnifocus.

I am syncing through MobileMe. From time to time, I see actions with no title. If there was a context set, that is preserved. For example, the attached screenshot shows an action with no title, but a context of "Liz"

I haven't isolated the situation that leads to the missing titles. Is this something that people have seen?

Thanks.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missing-task.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1584  

You say you are syncing through MobileMe — but what is the other sync client? OmniFocus on another Mac, or OmniFocus on iPad or iPhone/iPod? If the iPhone/iPod, there was a bug fixed in 1.7.3 (just released on the App store) where users running iOS 4.1 had the title cleared when they assigned a context.

Assuming the bug mentioned in the first paragraph is not the culprit, are there any indications in the nameless actions as to whether they lost the name, or never had it?

You can check your backups to determine if this is a spurious addition (hitting return when in a context view could generate a nameless action with context assigned) or if data is being lost somewhere along the line. If you look in the General pane of the OmniFocus preferences, you'll see where your backups are kept. You can just double-click on one of them in the Finder to open it; it will look just like your normal OmniFocus window, so be careful to close it when you are done, lest you accidentally do some of your OmniFocus changes in the wrong place.

Thanks. Just did the iPhone update. I bet that's it.

Tom