The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

GTD Processing on iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I do most of my work at home, but I'd love to be able to take advantage of my ten-minutes-on-the-subway time to process my inbox.

I can't figure out a good way to do that on the iPhone, though. Many inbox items need to have a new project created for them. For example, "Call Jim at 555-1212" needs to be an action inside a newly-created "Sell the elephant to Jim" project.

I can convert "Call Jim" into a project, but then I have a project named "Call Jim", not "Sell the elephant to Jim". I can edit the name of the project, but then I lose his phone number. And I can't seem to create a new project from within the Inbox - or, rather, I can't create a new project inside a folder. (If I create a project called "Personal:New Project", I get a project with that literal name, including the colon.)

Is there an iPhone workflow that will let me effectively take an inbox item, create a new, properly-nested project, and move the inbox item to that new project?