The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OO as a diary with calendar entries Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi there,

Does somebody know an easy way to set up OO to handle and format diary styled entries. I would like to enter notes and a todo list and ideas in OO but have a time and date stamp accompany the entry. It'd be even nicer to have all these details in their own section for viewing separately from the rest of the OO stuff.

Cheers,

Noah

Date format is very easy. Create a new column and from the Column Type inspector, choose Date from the Type: menu. Choose the format you want for the date (or create your own custom style):

When you finish inputting your content in the first column, right arrow to the Date column and type today. When you move out of the column, the today will change to match the date format you selected. If you want the date to be e.g. the 19th April 2007, simply type 19 and it will reformat to be that date. Other things that work "now" "yesterday" "last week" "last year" and e.g. "Monday" (though this will default to the next Monday's date).

Time stamping is trickier (unless this is a bug in the current version of OmniOutliner Pro) as typing e.g. "now" for a time inputs 12:00 no matter what.

I've made a little movie of date input which you can view here (~1.1MB)

Last edited by JKT; 2007-04-21 at 11:20 PM..