The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Review Perspective: remaining vs. available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Even before Review became an OF built-in Perspective, I set up my own, and used (as does the stock one) the filter of remaining. That is good for (also) looking into the future, but sometimes the stuff with future start dates dilutes my focus on what I should be reviewing/putting focus on. I've played with it both ways, but have no definitive conclusion. Just thought I'd toss this out in case anyone has any thoughts.

Bob

I also use remaining in my review perspective.

I only use the review perspective only once per week during my weekly review. I like to plan out the whole week and either set start dates or flag a task/project.

During the daily review, I only look at my Available context and flag available tasks/project that I want to focus on for Today.

I have a separate "Today" perspective set as follows:

Context Filter: Active
Grouping: Due
Sorting: Dye
Availability Filter: Available
Status Filter: Due or flagged
Estimated Time Filter: Any Duration

I refer to this Today perspective and try to work on any tasks that are present in the Today perspective.

If I am finished with tasks on the Today perspective, I start looking at my Available tasks perspective for any other things I can do. This allows me to focus only on the flagged projects/tasks and any due tasks (tasks that are due within the next few days).

At the end of the day, I like to go back to the Available perspective and look for more projects/tasks to flag for tomorrow.

I use the default review setting only once per week during my Weekly Review. I never look at this perspective during the daily review.