The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is a Mac to PC synch possible? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a new iMac utilizing Missing Sync to sync my Palm T3 with Entourage for my Getting Things Done.

I then take my Palm to work (client) and sync with the normal Windows XP Palm desktop. Then back to home and my iMac at the end of the day.

It works perfectly.

I want to purchase OmniFocus but have not figured out if I can still function between two platforms (as mentioned above) or am I only able to use OmniFocus on the Mac end???

I would think once the data is in the Palm db it really should not matter. But hey, I am one of those Project Manager-type people and not too technical.

Please advise. OF looks really cool.

I sync to a Palm with no problems. As you say, once it's in the Palm, you should be able to sync to Win-Palm desktop. As long as the desktop handles to-dos, you should have no problems. Just be aware that OF does not place anything in the calendar (on a Mac it does put OF tasks in iCal's to do list, but not into the calendar itself).

I am also one of those that has a Mac at home and is tortured by XP at work.

I don't have a Palm.

What I do is have a perspective that lists all of my work tasks, filtered by next action. I export it as an HTML at home and email it to myself at work. While at work I can use this list and if I need to add more tasks to OF I just email it to myself.

It would be nice to have some way to remotely access the OF application...There is a (unsupported by Omni) web app out there but it is not easy to set up so I haven't bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granth39 View Post
I want to purchase OmniFocus but have not figured out if I can still function between two platforms (as mentioned above) or am I only able to use OmniFocus on the Mac end???
You can try OmniFocus for two weeks unlicensed. So download it and make sure it communicates well with your other devices before purchasing.

Will do the trial as suggested. Thank you all for the quick and helpful feedback.
Grant