The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the difference bet. next, available, & remaining views? [ANSWERED: see thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
in menu-->view--> filter by status... i cant understand the difference between "next" and "avialable" (sorry, but i translate from italian manus so i dont know if terms are the same)...

can someone explain it, please?

in the menu it is not so clear...

i cant, infact, undertsand diofference between "available" and "remaining" too...

raffo,

Next Action: Just what it says, the very next action (task) in an active project.

Available: Tasks in a project that are not blocked by other tasks (in a sequential project) and tasks that are not blocked by a later start date. In a sequential project:

>Task A
>Task B
>Task C

Task B will not appear as available until Task A is completed. If Task B has a start date in the future, it will not appear as available until that date, even if Task A is completed today.

Remaining: Any task that has not been completed, regardless of its available (blocked) status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
raffo,

Next Action: Just what it says, the very next action (task) in an active project.

Available: Tasks in a project that are not blocked by other tasks (in a sequential project) and tasks that are not blocked by a later start date. In a sequential project:

>Task A
>Task B
>Task C

Task B will not appear as available until Task A is completed. If Task B has a start date in the future, it will not appear as available until that date, even if Task A is completed today.

Remaining: Any task that has not been completed, regardless of its available (blocked) status.
thanks!

so, if i have just sequential projects with no later start date, "next" and "available" show the same events... :)
right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffo View Post
so, if i have just sequential projects with no later start date, "next" and "available" show the same events... :)
right?
That's right.

Curt