The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arrow auto arrange issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Im so frustrated right now...

This is not the first time this has happened either.

What I do is use the line/arrow tool in some way, and it if snaps to something auto-layout (or I assume that is what it is) kicks in and re-arranges everything.

Screenshot:

The killer thing is sometimes undo gets me back, sometimes it does not. All my items are laid out horizontal out of order.

I have lost hour and hours worth of work with this issue. Is there somewhere, somehow I can just turn off this feature?

Anybody?

It just happened again...

Sounds like that document has auto-layout turned on. I'm going to guess that when you created your document you used one of the templates that defaults to auto-layout (many of them do). You can disable it by going to the Canvas: Diagram Layout inspector and unchecking the "Automatic layout" checkbox. (And in general, if you email our support team via the Send Feedback item in the Help menu, you should get a pretty timely response.)