The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SnipURL stopped Copying to Clipboard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've had SnipURL in my Favorites bar for a loooooong time. During that time, the SnipURL service has gone with numerous UI changes, without a hiccup.

I just discovered SnipURL is failing. Its popup window appears, and everything seems to be fine, including the "Copied to clipboard, ready to paste" message when I click the Copy button. But the clipboard remains unchanged.

Is SnipURL working for other 5.8 SP1 users?

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-11-12 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: fix typo

The latest SnipURL Javascript fails to copy-to-clipboard in both OmniWeb 5.7 and Safari 3.1.2.

I suspect I have a conflict between SnipURL and one of my dozens of menu add-ons and other gizmos. I'm now longing for the return of ConflictCatcher from OS 9 days.

Shortly after posting my previous notes, SnipURL replied to my problem report:
Snipurl does work in Omniweb. Do you have both Javascript and Flash enabled?
Yes, both are enabled.

I just tried SnipURL in Firefox 3.0.3, and it also does nothing.

It certainly looks like SnipURL conflicts with one of my oodles of OS X enhancements. Rather than spend any more time trying to track this down, I'll just right-click the short URL and do a Copy to Clipboard.

I used the manual copy-to-clipboard for quite some time. Then one day a tiny voice said, "Try clicking the 'Copy & Close' button." It worked! And it kept working for a month or so.

But now all of the buttons in the SnipURL window are non-functional in OmniWeb.

This time around, SnipURL works fine in Firefox 3.0.12. So this is looking more like an OmniWeb glitch.

OmniWeb 5.10 SP users: Does SnipURL work for you?

-- Ward

[submitted as formal feedback]

The SnipURL developer has fixed the problem, which was also affecting Safari 4.0.2.

SnipURL is a handy addition to your Favorites bar, turning loooooong URLs into a short snippet that doesn't get mangled by email applications. For example,

http://snipurl.com/o509h [forums_omnigroup_com]

-- Ward

Last edited by Ward; 2009-07-28 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: add SnipURL example