The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bonjour Sync: "No root can reach all tail" error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OmniFocus for iPhone for barely two days, using Bonjour to Sync with OmniFocus, and encountered an error only a couple of syncs with OmniFocus on my Mac.

The error report is along the lines of:

Code:
Unable to synchronize database with server.

Unable to read document.

No root can reach all tail transactions in "...".
And I've a load of console error messages like:

Code:
05/11/2008 21:49:49 OmniFocus[53668] sync terminated with error: {
    code = 7;
    domain = "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.XMLData.ErrorDomain";
    userInfo =     {
        NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to read document.";
        NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = "No root can reach all tail transactions in \"file://localhost/Users/ian/Library/Application%20Support/OmniFocus/Synchronization%20Data/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus/\".";
        "com.omnigroup.framework.OmniBase.ErrorDomain.FileLineAndNumber" = "/Volumes/Disk/Users/Shared/kc/ReleaseProduct/Source/OmniGroup/Applications/Focus/XMLData/XMLTransactionGraph.m:359";
    };
}
I turned off syncing in Mac OmniFocus, then turned it back on again. I then found I had to choose either the remote or local copy when next trying to sync iPhone OmniFocus, and promptly lost all the changes (quite a number!) I'd made on my iPhone.

Is this a known issue that is high on the list to be fixed? Is there a way around fixing this problem without losing data that I'm not aware of?

Regards,

Ian