The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unexpected results following PDF file import Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Perhaps the experts should weigh in on this discussion (Joel?).

I actually find OG to be a Godsend as a way to construct a drawing composed of pdfs taken from other apps and positioned/resized at will, with occasional connecting lines and arrows. The resulting quality is very good - actually "publication quality" from my experience.

Warren

Directly opening the PDF in OmniGraffle Professional (which I suspect Simon is doing) gives the same result as he's getting, and if further vector editing is required in Graffle that would be the route to take (even though it's not coming in nicely).

Placing the PDF as an image from the File Menu or Image Inspector works well on my end, the PDF displays crisply no matter the zoom factor or how it's resized, if that's all that's needed I'd recommend going that route.

Joel,
Yes I was opening the graphic as a vector PDF as I did not like the idea of not being able to edit the graphic element if it had been imported as a bitmap.

However, I have confirmed that the quality of imported bitmaps is extremely high with no "jaggies" even at high magnification and I have also rediscovered the linkback feature which allows the graphic to be edited in the original drawing application (Intaglio).

So it seems that I can have my cake and eat it :-)

Simon