The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Styles for large drawing set Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to maintain consistent styles over a large (100+) set of drawings. Ideally, I think, I would have palette of named styles e.g.

- comment text (some font + size + color ...)
- annotation (some border + ...)
- highlighted graphic (some color + shadow + ...)

The style brush seems to require I have a reference item, but then each time I have to select which of its elements I want to style. Can I put these reference items into a stencil? Can I pre-package which style bits I want?

All suggestions welcome!

If you're using OmniGraffle Professional, you can take an existing object with the style you want, right-click on it and "Add to Favorites". Then, those favorite styles will show in the Drawing Tool drop-downs.

Otherwise, I'd suggest creating a stencil with the styles you want so you can drag objects out from there or select them and drag their styles to existing objects from the Style Tray at the bottom of the Stencil Window.

Joel

Any thoughts on doing a truer "styles" implementation in OG?

I would be great to be able to globally adjust fonts, colours, etc across pages and objects after they are drawn.

Yep, we're tossing around the ideas of named styles versus cloned or reference objects.

Quick question: Would you prefer these to be document-wide or application-wide?

good question.

I think I would lean towards document wide, if I had to choose. With the ability save them with a template - that way I could easily create several documents with a similar look.

Being able to import some named style sets would be great too so I could "upgrade" my diagrams from one set of styles to another (e.g. if I was changing a font or adjusting some colours).

-- Morgan