The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniplan & attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm using omniplan for a conference I'll attend and for which I need to plan many tasks, and above all, the ressources (equipments and m aterials) I'll bring with me. So I'm using outliner to do a checklist, that I have attached to my omniplan file.

I'm wondering if there is an option to automatically open the attachments in a omniplan file, so that I can't forget to uptade the checklist when I update my omniplan file.

Hope it's clear to you...
Bests

Francois

I think that's clear... so you want OmniPlan to automatically open linked attachments when you first open the plan so that you don't forget to look the attachments, is that correct?

One workaround would be to use an Applescript to open your OmniPlan file and attachments. If you copy and paste the code below into the Applescript Editor (found in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), edit the path in the first open statement to point to your file, and save it as an application, you can just launch the application you made, and it will open that document in OmniPlan and open all of the attachments in the document.

Code:
tell application id "com.omnigroup.omniplan"

open "Users:YourNameHere:Desktop:Sample OmniPlan document.omniplan"

repeat with thisOne in every attachment of front document
		open thisOne
	end repeat

repeat with thisOne in every task of front document
		try
			tell thisOne
				open every attachment
			end tell
		end try