The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP10: Pop-up blocking broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've occasionally been getting some annoying popups when I visit or leave certain pages. I've never changed my preferences away from "only block when not requested". The most recent one I visited was at MacWorld's website, but there've been a few others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutiaeMan
I've occasionally been getting some annoying popups when I visit or leave certain pages. I've never changed my preferences away from "only block when not requested". The most recent one I visited was at MacWorld's website, but there've been a few others too.
I just verified the strange behavior with macworld.com I got a popup after clicking one of the links, although there was nothing in the popup window.

I am getting very strange behavior with the popup blocker. When a popup IS blocked, clicking on the icon in the status bar brings up a blank field. It used to bring up the title of the window that was blocked.

A lot of things are broken in sp10, it seems.

I tested macworld.com by clicking the heading of the main article. When I did so, I got a popup window. However, that was because of my ad blocking prefs. When I changed them to "never" allow popup windows, it did not come up.

When it did come up, the window was blank. A quick guess is that the URL they're using is so long and complicated with multiple addresses in it, that OW chokes on it.

But MacWorld's popups aren't loading because of the page you request, they're loading because they're popping up when you leave the previous page. Therefore it's not something that's "requested".

Quote:
But MacWorld's popups aren't loading because of the page you request, they're loading because they're popping up when you leave the previous page. Therefore it's not something that's "requested".
Well, I did experience a similar thing with IMDB, but now both sites seem to be functioning normally. Still, clicking on the popup icon in the status bar brings up a blank item, instead of the title of the popup. This is bad for me because my hosting control panel does require that I access some things via popup.

Quote:
"Requested" is a completely subjective term. There's waaaay too much JS on that site for me to want to sift through it to find where the window is coming from exactly. Please post if you find other examples.

yup, we know about the popup blocking going kaputz. lookin' into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous
<snip>This is bad for me because my hosting control panel does require that I access some things via popup.
Use site specific prefs to activate all pop-ups for your host domain.

I'm finding that Load All Images isn't working either. I block all ads, but I'm finding at some sites (http://www.yahoo.com/ for example) that I'm sometimes not getting the Show All Images icon in the status bar. Load All Images gives me some images but not all. (Reported by email in gory detail.)

Experiencing similar behavior with one exception so far. I received a blank popup and then saw the notification icon on the status bar. The first time I clicked the icon, I got a blank line at the top of the popup menu and the View Large Type command below it, with a separator space in between. I clicked the command and it showed in a large type bezel the first few words of, at the time, a paragraph of text I'd selected on the page.

I clicked the bezel to make it go away and deselected the text. Returned to the menu on the status bar and clicked the blank menu choice; the status menu disappeared.