The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

switching back from Things to Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see what you are saying about repeating tasks. For me, I loved the ability to postpone a repeating task instance without modifying the original, something Omnifocus cannot do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
I see what you are saying about repeating tasks. For me, I loved the ability to postpone a repeating task instance without modifying the original, something Omnifocus cannot do.
Yup, exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
Ah, sure it can, it just needs a little help from its friends :-)

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...32&postcount=8

Ha, I stand corrected.

But this should be built in. Something I hope is announced tonight! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Ah, sure it can, it just needs a little help from its friends :-)

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...32&postcount=8
That would be great if I were to work on a Mac all day. Unfortunately, at work I'm stuck with Windows, so I mostly use OF@iPad during the day. Therefore, I tend to avoid scripting solutions, because they don't work on the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledb View Post
That would be great if I were to work on a Mac all day. Unfortunately, at work I'm stuck with Windows, so I mostly use OF@iPad during the day. Therefore, I tend to avoid scripting solutions, because they don't work on the iPad.
Well, you can do what the script does by hand with a few taps. Mark the action complete, which creates the next instance. Now uncheck the one you just completed, clear the repeat setting, and adjust the date.

Or, just make an action reminding yourself to run the script when you get home.