The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with "Complete & await reply" script Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Applescript reported:
The script could not complete.
OmniFocus got an error:

Can't get context 1 of document 1 whose id = jFn5x2rjkg3". Invalid index.

It used to work well for me.
Rebuilt the database, compacted the database, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Hey, Clive,

The problem almost certainly has nothing to do with your database of projects and actions.

Did you perhaps rename or rearrange your contexts? The script searches for the first context with "wait" in its name. As I recall, the script requires that context to be at the top level, i.e., not nested inside another context.

(For others reading, the script in question is available from my software page.)

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
The script searches for the first context with "wait" in its name. As I recall, the script requires that context to be at the top level, i.e., not nested inside another context.

(For others reading, the script in question is available from my software page.)
Aha! Exactly so! I moved it to nest with other 'waiting' type items. Moving back has fixed it.
A warning to all about such scripts!.
Thank you.

Thanks Clive. I was having the same problem.

Curt: Is there any way to direct the script to a nested context. I need to have my "WF" (waiting for) context nested for some of my perspectives to function properly....

I've modified the script slightly to handle this situation. Thanks to Rob Trew for posting the solution long ago!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Complete and Await Reply.applescript.zip (91.2 KB, 763 views)

Bill, thanks for the updated script. I have a thorny problem with it, though: It works like a marvel when launched from the Applescript Editor. But when launched from the OF toolbar, it yields this:

Code:
AppleScript reported the following error:
«script» doesn’t understand the FindContext message.
Any ideas? Thanks.

As the file has a .applescript extension, it's just the source, not a compiled version. Open it in Applescript Editor, click the Compile button, and save it as Complate and Await Reply.scpt in the OmniFocus script directory. Then reinstall it in the toolbar and you should be set.

How ridiculous is this? I was totally unaware that Applescripts require compilation. I thought it was a language interpreted on-the-fly.

Many thanks for the enlightenment.