The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email an action? Please! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have several other todo list managers - each one of them allows me to send an action as an email. This feature is extremely useful for reminding others of things that they have to do and for delegating tasks. OF for the iPhone doesn't have this, but I have written an applescript that does this on the Mac. Since the iPhone doesn't support applescript, I'm sort of in a bind.

With the new 3.0 OS on the iPhone, you can generate and send an email all without leaving the application. This would obviously help to add this feature in the application.

Any comment on this happening? I'll also send this to the ninjas.

I'd like to vote for this feature to be added if possible too please, it would save no end of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa8184 View Post
I'd like to vote
To have your vote officially counted, you should use Send Feedback on the Settings page of the application.

Any word on this?

Any suggestions on what the resulting email message might look like? Which fields would you like it to transcribe (probably not repeat interval?), and how would you like it formatted?

You really can't today, that's the whole issue. It's available on the iPad although only a single action at a time.

On the mac version you can email a version of an action if you write an applescript but it won't be in a format that would be accepted by the person to whom it was sent. They would have to create an action and type in the data.

J.