The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing Resources Across Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can you create multiple projects on your iPad which share the same resources?

Can you share resources across multiple projects without syncing to a server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
Can you create multiple projects on your iPad which share the same resources?

Can you share resources across multiple projects without syncing to a server?
You can share resources between projects by using the same email address for that resource in both projects and syncing those projects to the same server. (So the answer to your first question is "yes," and the answer to the second is "no.")

You can configure whether a synced project participates in its sync server's shared resource load database by using the Project Inspector. In it, tap Sync, then Repository, and at the bottom of the pane you'll see a section titled "Resource Load Information" with switches for "Publish loads" and "Subscribe to loads". (This is useful when you have multiple project proposals that you'd like to sync, but haven't committed to actually doing yet.)

Hope this helps!

I manage a small team of engineers and typically juggle 5-10 projects at any given time. Managing resources across projects is critical. It seems a little cumbersome to have a separate file for each project and upload them to an external server just for resource sharing. It seems like there should be an option to do this locally if you dont need any of the collaboration features. I'm considering keeping all projects in one file to get around this issue, but I'm afraid the file will grow unmanageable very quickly.

Any suggestions?

The server to synch to - does this require ownership of Omniplan for Mac or is it something that can be configured with no additional expense to the user?

Cheers

Jamie

As I understand it, you can use an free Omnisync account to do the syncing.

The Omni Sync Server (https://sync.omnigroup.com) is free. There is no need to own the Mac application for this resource sharing to work.