The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Delegated projects control Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have 8 direct reports. Each of them has their direct reports. I used to delegate a project, then I put a line in Excel file in the following format:

Project Name: Task: Delegated to: Due date

It was easy to sort that by Delegated field when I spoke to my direct report regarding the progress or by Due date when I needed to check where we were.

As I use my OF I would love to have everything in one place, in my OmniFocus. Any advice here? Should I have an area of focus for each of my direct reports (a folder) and put delegated projects in there with "On hold" status?

Here's a link to a post where I describe how I handle this. YMMV, obviously, but I hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing. When I delegate a project, I don't care about what their Next Action is. Is there a way to do that in OmniFocus?