The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan getting greedy with other Omni documents Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an OmniPlan trial installed, and it has recently decided it wants to open all of my Omni documents opened from the Finder: OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle files that I double click in the finder end up opening in OmniPlan. Looking at "get info" in the finder shows that OmniPlan is registered as the default handler for these files. If I change it to the correct application and attempt to apply it to all files, it switches itself back to OmniPlan. Open With still works if I manually select the correct application. What is going on?

It appears to have fixed itself. Odd.

It sounds like a part of the OS called "Launch Services" has gotten confused.

The specific steps to use to reset Launch Services depend on what version of Mac OS X you have installed, but this google search should get you started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousstranger View Post
It appears to have fixed itself. Odd.
Heh, well, if it happens to someone else, maybe they'll find the answer. :-)