The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My Icon For OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I decided to recreate the icon for OmniFocus for the Mac based on the new icon for the iPad. I also made one based on the icon for the iPhone, and I decided to share them both with the others here. So...

If you want just the icons:
The iPad Icon
The iPhone Icon
The Mac Icon

If you want the icons, PNG copies of the icons, and the master PSD file:
All Files

The icons are maxed out at 512x512... plenty big enough. Enjoy.

Last edited by ifonline; 2010-08-06 at 09:31 AM..

Nice of you to share. Refesher for anyone wanting to switch:

- Applications - OmniFocus
- Right-Click. "Show Package Contents"
- Go to Resources folder
- Right-click OmniFocus.icns and duplicate (so you have a backup copy)
- Open new finder window, navigate the new OmniFocus.icns and drag it to the OmniFocus resources folder to replace the original (you still have a copy of the original if you want to revert)

Am I the only one who really likes the Mac icon, and doesn't really like the iPhone/iPad icons?

I think the Mac icon is fantastic - I wish all the icons featured that little purple paperclip!

Splinky: I agree. The iPhone one is *too* purple for me and the iPad one is just gloomily dark.

The icon is nice but a bit to large.
If i compare the new icon with the Mail icon, Safari icon and so on, i think it could be a bit smaller in size. ;)

This is GREAT! Thanks! Much preferred.

I have updated all of the files:

- The icons are slightly smaller and are now sized more appropriately as compared to other icons.
- I added an icon to match the iPhone's icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by competition View Post
The icon is nice but a bit to large.
If i compare the new icon with the Mail icon, Safari icon and so on, i think it could be a bit smaller in size. ;)
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Fixed.
Thanks for changing the icons that fast. Now its perfect!

No problem.

I have updated everything once again, this time adding a blue variant of the icons on the iPhone and iPad. I figure this one could be used on the Mac and keeps with the basic design of the icons on the other devices. Yeah, yeah... there's no purple in the one for the Mac. Is that really such a bad thing?