The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FR: OmniGraffle Integration? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is really obscure, but I used OmniGraffle for taking notes and brainstorming A LOT, and I often find myself making an object in OG to represent a task, and then I have to create that task (Action) in OmniFocus. It would be great if there were a way in the future to create an action object in OmniGraffle that would represent an action in OmniFocus, so when it is created it gets added to OF, and when it is deleted it is removed from the OG document. It could just be something simple like "OFAction" as the first line of text in the object, followed by the action name, the project, and the context on the fourth line.

There are only two folders that I have .graffle files in that I would need to do this, so maybe OF could just scan a list of directories for .graffle files with these action objects periodically (or when changes are made using FSEvent) and then update everything.

Haha I won't feel bad if this isn't ever implemented but I thought I would at least suggest it because there might be other people out there like me who use both programs and would benefit from the increase in productivity.

Thanks,

John

I second this request. The David is a big mindmap person, during the seminar I attended last year he flipped back and forth between mind map software and lotus notes showing how he uses both for same or different things.

I like to place little flow diagrams in the notes field. Works great when I cut & paste from OG5.0b6, but unfortunately I can't double-click the diagram from the notes field to edit it. I get the error: "OFMTask needs a concrete implementation of - openLinkBackForAttachment:inTextStorage:"

I haven't tried it myself, but this sounds like a neat idea. I think we need a LinkBack implementation in OmniFocus to support this.