The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Battery consume Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear sir,

since I have installed the app in my iPhone, I have observed the battery runs out very quickly, It also happens to somebody?, what could be the reason?

Sincerely

Alberto

Edit: It runs out in 10 h of standby!

Last edited by Amarlop; 2011-06-30 at 12:31 PM..

I found a problem on the ipad, but it wasn't related to Omni products, more my device settings which with the extra battery drain of extra use and more comms were draining in about 12 hours instead of lasting all day.

I set my screen to lock in a minute (instead of 5) and battery life increased massively.

I purchased the iPhone OF license the first thing after getting an iPhone this past May, so I don't have a before/after perspective. However, somewhere (David Pogue, I think) I learned how to quit apps that I won't be using for a half day. [double click on the home button, the running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on one of them for a few seconds, then select the 'x' in the corner of those that you want to quit]. Since I started doing so, I have had better battery life.

Thank you very much GeoffAirey and macmath for your help, I will try what you said.

Alberto