The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Folder enhancements to organize projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just got my sneaky peek today and it's everything I hoped for...almost.

I like to have a fairly rich organization to my projects and two things that would really facilitate that much more are:
  • ability for a project to be in more than folder
  • ability to change the colour of a folder

I think the ability to change the colour of a folder would be a nice way of letting people add a richer structure to their projects without necessarily hard-coding into the product different kinds of folders. I, for example, would like to distinguish high-level topics from specific goals and long-term goals from short-term goals, etc. At the moment they are all folders, but it would be nice if I could just use colour to make the distinction clearer.

I'll send this directly to Omni but wanted to raise it here as well for user discussion.

I'd add that there was a thread about the first of my bullet points:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3725

but no indication if this was a planned feature or not.

Is there a way to sort alphabetically within a folder?

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtauber View Post
  • ability for a project to be in more than folder
  • ability to change the colour of a folder
I'd like to add my vote emphatically to both of these feature requests, particularly the second. In fact I'd like to be able to colour/label projects too. Please could we have a hint from Omni as to whether we are likely to be indulged on this?