The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Column widths Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can anyone help me? I must be doing something wrong. I cannot get the widths of my project, context, and due date views to remain set at the correct width and stay there, when in either context or planning mode. I have tried option dragging the columns, taking new snapshots whenever I get them set right, nothing seems to work. A dozen times a day I am dragging the columns wider to get everything for an item on one line, rather than an irregular display, which I find distracting.

Any suggestions?

Same Problem and I have no idea what would help.

Hagen

You might try create a new perspective when you have the columns as you like. Perhaps the new perspective will remember your settings. If so, you can delete your old perspective and rename your new one.

(Of course, that shouldn't be necessary. So be sure to report the bug using Help --> Send Feedback.)

Hope that helps!

Curt

I have the same issue, although it only bothers me on the date fields, when longer dates (like 10/20/2008) wrap so that "10/20/200" is on one line, and "8" is on the line below.

Which "same issue" are you talking about? You take a snapshot of a perspective and it doesn't retain the widths you selected? Or are your columns are short enough by default that dates that use all 6 characters (like most in October, November, December) wrap to the next line?

It would be nice if the default column width for dates was based on the width of the representation of the widest date in the font in use. It would also be nice if any bugs involving remembering column widths in perspectives were squashed.

Actually, both. Sorry I wasn't clear. I share the original issue that Jody raised, and the two that you just restated, whpalmer4. Thanks. Column widths are not retained, but I only notice it on the date fields, where longer dates wrap to a 2nd line.

Yes, it's an annoyance that the date columns go across 2 lines once you hit something like Oct 10. Any fix for this coming?

Everything works fine, but stylistically it's really ugly.

This is definitely a problem. I reset column widths, switch to a different Perspective and then back, and the previously (just) set column widths are hosed.

This JUST started happening with .105645.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
This is definitely a problem. I reset column widths, switch to a different Perspective and then back, and the previously (just) set column widths are hosed.

This JUST started happening with .105645.
You left out a step (in your description, at least) if you want those column widths to stick -- taking a snapshot.