The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Note Inspector within Graffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I really enjoy the note inspector feature of Graffle. It's just fine for when I do presentations.

Here's the big downside: I seem to have no way to print out, export, or use these notes in any other way.

That seems crazy. Thus I assume I'm missing something but so far I haven't found any documentation about exporting/printing notes--especially as a collective whole (not individually).

Is it possible this is a missing feature in Graffle?

If not, how do I make it so?

Thanks for any help.

I just wanted to bump this thread up again to see if there is an answer to this.

If I export to OO2 I can get the notes, but I'm wondering if there is a way to get the notes displayed in an HTML map or PDF file or another cross platform manner.

i do like how the OG Pro presentation allows viewing of notes, but need to share that with people on PCs.

Thanks in advance

I just started using OGP 4.2 for wireframing/prototyping websites and ran into this same issue with the note inspector. I had hoped that OGP notes would be available in PDF and HTML exports; such functionality is included with more UI-focussed apps. In addition, it would be great to be able to toggle note icons in OGP presentation mode.

Thus, my feature requests for OG v. 5, in order of priority:
1) Notes in PDF Exports
2) Notes in HTML Exports
3) Note icons in Presentation mode

I second these suggestions. The notes feature could really be much more useful with a few tweaks.

Exactly, OG should provide more features to access the notes (e. g. create tables, assign objects particular keys from notes and so on).