The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone loosing all data... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm happy with Omnifocus on the Mac but on the iPhone it seems entirely unreliable.

Every now and then all data is deleted, with no intervention by me, and just to make any use of OF it you have to sync - with my option be Omnisync server. But this only works on WiFi not 3G which defeats the object of being mobile.

OK the first issue is the more important - it should not randomly loose data!

Why might this be happening may I ask?

Thanks,

Contact the support ninjas and they'll help you investigate the problem. 1-800-315-6664 or email omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com

I've been using the iPhone app for many years, and it has never lost any of my data.

Omni Sync Server most certainly does work via 3G! I think perhaps you are confusing the Omni Sync Server (which is a web server available from anywhere on internet) with the Bonjour sync, which works only on a local network (which implies WiFi-only for the iPhone and iPad apps, but not for the Mac).

The Omni Sync Server is free and generally very reliable. While they did have a brief outage the other day, they've been doing better than some name brand web services like Dropbox and Netflix! Sign up at http://sync.omnigroup.com