The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Delegation & Working with an Assistant Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just starting working with an assistant and wanted to know how people collaborate with OmniFocus? GTD is big on delegation, but I don't see an easy way to "send an action or project" off to someone.

Is anyone doing this?

She helps across multiple projects, so I was thinking of using flagging to track her items. Or, I could use a context with her name, but it looks like I can only set one context per action???

I would use the context with her name. If she owns the task then she is the proper context for the action. Works well for me.

Sometimes it is appropriate to name the action like "Alice to fix the thing with the deal" and place it in a Waiting context that is on hold. I usually only use this when I own the action or project to be completed but I have asked someone for something that I need to finish my work and I'm awaiting a reply.

When I meet with people for a status on items that I am waiting for I sometimes have a crazy long list to review with them. It's challenging for them since the items may be coming from lots of different projects. It does feel great to be somewhat over prepared though. :-)

Thanks - that's what I was thinking of doing... Perfect.