The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action Groups on the iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are action groups supported on the iPhone?

I did a search on this forum for how I can mix sequential and parallel actions in a project.
e.g.
Project -> Tidy Garage (Parallel)
A -> Tidy Shelves
A -> Tidy Bench
A -> Investigate fittings needed to fix powerblock to wall
A -> Buy Powerblock fittings
A -> Attach Powerblock to wall
Obviously, the first 3 actions can happen at any time, but actions 3, 4 and 5 must happen in sequence.

During my search, someone asked an almost identical question (for the mac software) and the recommended answer was to use Action Groups.
e.g.
Project Tidy Garage (Parallel)
A -> Tidy Shelves
A -> Tidy Bench
AG -> Tidy Power Cables (Sequencial)
A -> Investigate fittings needed to fix powerblock to wall
A -> Buy Powerblock fittings
A -> Attach Powerblock to wall
But, I can't find out how to create an Action Group on the iPhone.

Any suggestions?

Right now there's no way to create action groups on the phone, but if you've already created them on the desktop, they will be displayed on the phone when they sync over.

Many people are asking that we add the ability to create action groups directly on the phone, so hopefully we'll be able to work this in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Right now there's no way to create action groups on the phone, but if you've already created them on the desktop, they will be displayed on the phone when they sync over.

Many people are asking that we add the ability to create action groups directly on the phone, so hopefully we'll be able to work this in soon.
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

Great news! (I hope the ability to create action groups on the iPhone will be added before my OmniFocus Desktop trial expires. ;-))

By the way, this ability got added to OmniFocus for iPhone 1.0.2 which is available now.

The way you'd make the action group on the phone is to create your "Tidy Power Cables" (the group to be) the same way as you would a normal action, and the same with "Investigate fittings" (an action you want inside the group). Then from the "Investigate fittings" details screen, tap on the reorganize icon in the toolbar (the arrow and folder icon on the right side). Choose to move that action inside "Tidy Power Cables". That will make "Tidy Power Cables" into an action group.