The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Snapback for OmniWeb? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would love to see some kind of snapback for OmniWeb (at least for google). i.e. it would be nice if every search that is performed would be marked automatically and then the user would be given some visual oppourtunity to click on to get back to the search results. This can be a button, or even better something like the Snapback arrow in Safari.

Is this already possible now, and I'm just not seeing it? Is there an AppleScript that does this or woud it be possible to write one that does? If non of this exists. Is there a chance that this feature will make it in a future version of OmniWeb?

I think this is what Marking in OmniWeb does, though I've never used it myself. History / Mark (or Unmark) and Next Mark and Previous Mark. If you customise the toolbar you get toolbar actions for these as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanchez
I think this is what Marking in OmniWeb does, though I've never used it myself. History / Mark (or Unmark) and Next Mark and Previous Mark. If you customise the toolbar you get toolbar actions for these as well.
I know that this is possible with marking right now. I just think, although it is probably more flexible, it is not very intuitive.

It would be nice if search results through Google would be automatically added as a marked page. Safari handles this very nicely.