The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bonjour sync totally broken on my Mac under 10.6.1 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Ever since this morning my OF & iOF can't sync. I'm using WedDAV with SwissDisk...

& just now I tried to log into SwissDisk but it won't let me...
HappyDude,
that's a swissdisk-problem. See here,

Please oh pretty please bring back working Bonjour sync....this was the feature I waited for before I even purchased OF and now it's gone...does no-one have any ideas how to get it working again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidtreo View Post
Swissdisk OF sync has stopped working on both platforms.
From what I'm reading in the swissdisk down? thread, it looks like their server is having problems. That thread seems to suggest trying mydisk.se instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidtreo View Post
Please oh pretty please bring back working Bonjour sync....this was the feature I waited for before I even purchased OF and now it's gone...does no-one have any ideas how to get it working again?
I just tested Bonjour sync on 10.6.1 (between an iPod touch and my Mac) and it's working just fine for me. Maybe your firewall settings are blocking OmniFocus traffic?

(As a temporary test, does Bonjour Sync start working for you if you turn off your firewall in the Security section of System Preferences? Do you have any other firewall settings on your WiFi router which could be blocking OmniFocus traffic?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws View Post
HappyDude,
that's a swissdisk-problem. See here,
Ah, thank you! :D

Am now connected again.

We haven't been getting large numbers of folks reporting a problem since upgrading. The support ninjas will be happy to work with you to get this up and running, but I don't think this is an issue that most customers are having. That means the odds that someone else will be able to post a solution that works for you are pretty low.

Since it doesn't appear to be a general problem, it might be worthwhile to see if the Genius Bar at your local apple store has any ideas after taking a look at the Mac directly.

Edited the thread title slightly to so folks searching the forum wouldn't get the wrong impression.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-10-15 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: added last sentence in first paragraph.

Merged threads to reduce confusion and cross-posting.