The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can OP recalculate Effort not Duration by default? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Normally, when I start writing a plan, I put some rough durations in for all tasks and only then start assigning resources to them. OP seems to fix Effort and recalculate Duration by default, which means if I don't assign exactly one resource to a task things go horribly wrong.

Is there an option to set the default for all new tasks. Of course it's not difficult to select all and change their setting, but I always end up adding a new task and forgetting to change it...

There isn't a way to set the default right now, but that would be handy. Until then you'll have to select the tasks and set them in the inspector. At least you can set it for multiple tasks at once!

Fair enough. Can I file a request for an enhancement?

I will file a feature request for you aserinsky. :D

One more vote for this please. This is exactly how I work too.

Vote added for you ajrichardson.

please add a another vote for this feature

thx

You got it!

please add my vote as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew67
please add my vote as well
Consider it done!