The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Live counter update Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Everyone,

I've search the form but cannot find anything personally that is what I'm looking for to explain. I am hoping that I might have missed something in the setup and maybe there is an easy fix for this. What I would like is to have the counter at the top in the tools bar stay "on" if you will. When OmniFocus is running the counter displays the number of overdue or upcoming tasks. When you close the program (but not quite) it does not. The only way to get the counter back is to open up the quick entry box and then just exit it. Is there a possibility for this to be fixed?

If any of the developers would like to get in touch with me, please let me know and I can explain maybe better.

Thanks and keep up the good work guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	837  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin2105 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've search the form but cannot find anything personally that is what I'm looking for to explain. I am hoping that I might have missed something in the setup and maybe there is an easy fix for this. What I would like is to have the counter at the top in the tools bar stay "on" if you will. When OmniFocus is running the counter displays the number of overdue or upcoming tasks. When you close the program (but not quite) it does not. The only way to get the counter back is to open up the quick entry box and then just exit it. Is there a possibility for this to be fixed?
I think what you are saying is that the number goes away if you close all of the OmniFocus windows, right? You have to keep one window around at present (it can be hidden in the dock if you wish by typing cmd-H or clicking the yellow button). There has been some talk about fixing this, but it hasn't yet been fixed in a version that ordinary customers can get their hands on. To help encourage them to fix it sooner rather than later, use the Help->Send Feedback command or email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com to request that they fix it.