The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible to add multiple actions quickly? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm looking at switching to OmniFocus from Appigo's Todo, and am trying to evaluate features.

One feature of Todo that I love is the ability to quickly add multiple items to the inbox by tapping "return" between each one. For example:
*tap quick-add*
type "Task 1", *tap return*
type "Task 2", *tap return*
type "Task 3", *tap return*

From the demo videos for OmniFocus for iPhone/iPad, I can't tell what OmniFocus does. If you tap 'return' when entering a new action, which of the following does it do?
1) save the action and close the form
2) save the action and open a form for a new action
3) enter a newline in the action title

Welcome to the forums!

The Return key is there when you're editing an action's note (and inserts a new line) but when you're editing an action title, it's replaced with a "Done" button.

If I need to enter stuff quickly, I just tap "Save" to dismiss the current item, then tap the Quick Entry button in the toolbar to start entering the next one. Works pretty well for me, but I believe we have a feature request open for something like what you describe. If you email our support ninjas, we can attach you to the request. (Items with more customer interest attached tend to get assigned higher priority.)

I've said this a number of times before on this forum:

I enter multiple items rather quickly onto my iPhone OmniFocus with a web app I created early last year:

http://www.jeffyepstein.com/docs/com...ort/index.html

It's not ideal, but it's much faster than repeatedly pressing the Quick Entry button. You can paste in a text file where each line is an action, and each action can have an optional note.

By fast-app switching from O.F. and the web app, you can really quickly enter in a lot of items.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. Please spread the word if you find it useful. I wrote it a long time ago and I'm not sure many people know about it.

Looks interesting, thanks!