The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail not working? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I have setup the mail rule and given about 5 people the ability to create things for me.

I selected the subject prefix "--"

I tested this by sending a message to myself and it worked. But my friend has now tried twice to send me a "to do" but they never seem to appear either in the inbox, my archive folder, or in OmniFocus.

Any thoughts?

First thing I would do is turn off the OmniFocus mail rule and make sure that your friend is sending messages from the address you enabled. Then, make sure that your friend is sending messages that are plain text, not rich text or HTML. Some more troubleshooting advice can be found here.

We probably need a bit more info to figure out exactly what's going on, but one thing I've seen cause problems in the past is either of two things. One cause is when some white space characters accidentally got entered into OmniFocus' preferences. So instead of looking for "--", the app is checking for "<space>--" or "<tab>--" or something.

Another thing I've seen is where folks are forwarding along the emails, rather than redirecting or sending messages they wrote themselves. In that case, since the email starts with "Fwd: --" or something similar, it doesn't match the filter.

And of course, it just occurred to me that I may be duplicating tips that were in the other post that Bill pointed you at. Well, just in case it helps, I'll leave it here. :-)