The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nudge Bug. Doens't increment by 10. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a new document and for some reason when I Shift + Arrow to nudge items around by 10 pixels it will only nudge by 1. Is there a setting to fix this?

Nudge by 10 works fine on other documents.

Sorry for the confusion! Two main possibilities here.

One would be that the documents have different grid settings specified. Rather than a fixed number of pixels, Shift-arrow moves the shape one minor grid step in the direction you specify.

It'll behave differently in a document that has 100 steps per major grid square, for example, than in one that has 3.

The other main possibility would be that the document in question has "Snap to grid" enabled in the Canvas inspector. When that setting is on, the behavior of nudge and shift-nudge are swapped.

Hope this helps!

I was having the same problem. Thanks Brian! Turned off snap to grid, and problem solved!

I love this app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMormann View Post
I was having the same problem. Thanks Brian! Turned off snap to grid, and problem solved!

I love this app!
The same point, i was just at a loss. Thnx for resolving the problem, i got it fixed too.

Last edited by luftek; 2012-06-19 at 01:40 AM..